- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 15 - 16 ounce can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 - 16 ounce can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 1 15 - 16 ounce can kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1. In a 2-quart casserole combine butter beans, pork and beans in tomato sauce, kidney beans, brown sugar, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in bacon and onion mixture.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 12-inch skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside. Add onion to reserved drippings; cook and stir over medium heat about 4 minutes or until tender.
3. Bake, covered, about 45 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
- Double recipe ingredients. Prepare bacon and onion as directed. In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker combine beans, brown sugar, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in bacon and onion mixture. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Prepare mixture through Step 2. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Bake, covered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
- Stir 1/2 cup chopped cooked kielbasa and 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard into the beans before baking.
- Substitute bottled barbecue sauce for the ketchup.
- Substitute black beans for the kidney beans and substitute salsa for the ketchup. Top with 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla or corn chips before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 259,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 14,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 43,
- fiber (g) 7,
- pro. (g) 12,
- sodium (mg) 809,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet