Westward Ho Flank Steak Sandwiches
- Prepare Horseradish Sauce; cover and chill. In a small bowl combine oregano, coriander, salt, and pepper; set aside. In a 12-inch nonstick or cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onions, garlic, and half (about 2 teaspoons) of the spice mixture. Cook, covered, for 13 to 15 minutes until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5 to 8 minutes more or until onions are golden. Remove from skillet; set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- If using flank steak, score meat on both sides by making shallow cuts at 1-inch intervals diagonally across steak in a diamond pattern. Rub steak on both sides with the remaining half of the spice mixture. Heat the same skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add steak. Cook, uncovered, for 12 to 16 minutes or until meat is medium-rare (145 degree F), turning once. Remove meat from skillet to cutting board; cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain. To serve, arrange lettuce leaves and steak on bottoms of rolls. Top with onions; dollop with Horseradish Sauce. Add roll tops. Makes 6 sandwiches.
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, prepared horseradish, lime juice, and oregano.
Nutrition Facts (Westward Ho Flank Steak Sandwiches)
- Per serving:
- 399 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 56 mg chol.,
- 799 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet