Weeknight Meat Loaf with Herbed Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottom of a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with parchment paper or foil; set aside.
- In large bowl combine egg, yogurt, onion, bread crumbs, oregano, mint, lemon peel, garlic, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Add beef and 1/3 cup feta cheese. Mix lightly to combine. Evenly spread meat mixture into prepared baking pan, pressing into the corners and shaping a flat top. Unlike most meat loaves, the Weeknight Meat Loaf lets the pan do the work. Evenly press meat mixture into a 9-inch square baking pan, making sure to push mixture into the corners. Pat the surface flat and top with tomato and lemon slices.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160 degrees F. Spoon or pour off fat. Let loaf stand 10 minutes. To serve, cut in squares; top with lemon, chopped cucumber, and mint. Serve with feta cheese and Herbed Potatoes. Makes 9 servings.
- In large bowl, combine potatoes and olive oil. Place sliced potatoes on shallow parchment-lined baking pan. Bake in oven with meat loaf at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Makes 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Weeknight Meat Loaf with Herbed Potatoes)
- Per serving:
- 430 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- 101 mg chol.,
- 379 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet