- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup loose-pack frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup chopped sliced dried beef or fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons corn nuts or coarsely broken corn chips (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan stir together the frozen corn, green or sweet red pepper, water, onion, bouillon granules, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until the corn is tender. Do not drain.
2. In a small mixing bowl stir together the milk and cornmeal. Stir into saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in the dried beef or ham. Heat through.
3. To serve, ladle chowder into individual bowls. If desired, garnish with corn nuts or chips. Makes 2 side-dish servings.
- With this full-flavored soup, serve pork or chicken sandwiches, and chocolate chunk cookies.
- Servings Per Recipe 2,
- cal. (kcal) 194,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 17,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 30,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 13,
- vit. A (IU) 389,
- vit. C (mg) 18,
- sodium (mg) 1108,
- calcium (mg) 162,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet