The combination of frozen corn, cornmeal, and corn nuts provides appealing taste and texture to this side-dish soup recipe for two.
- Makes: 2 servings
- Yields: 2 side-dish servings
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
cup loose-pack frozen whole kernel corn
cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
tablespoons chopped onion
teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
tablespoons yellow cornmeal
cup chopped sliced dried beef or fully cooked ham
tablespoons corn nuts or coarsely broken corn chips (optional)
- In a medium saucepan stir together the frozen corn, green or sweet red pepper, water, onion, bouillon granules, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until the corn is tender. Do not drain.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the milk and cornmeal. Stir into saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in the dried beef or ham. Heat through.
- To serve, ladle chowder into individual bowls. If desired, garnish with corn nuts or chips. Makes 2 side-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
With this full-flavored soup, serve pork or chicken sandwiches, and chocolate chunk cookies.
Nutrition Facts (Triple-Corn Chowder)
- Per serving:
- 194 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 17 mg chol.,
- 1108 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBeef Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Pork Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Slow Cooker Soup and Chili Recipes, Soup Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes