This fusion tostada pizza is piled with beef, beans, and cheese. Make it super fast by starting with refrigerated pizza dough.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Start to Finish: 40 mins 400°F
- In a large skillet cook ground beef until brown. Drain off fat. Stir in the water, chile peppers, taco seasoning mix, and chili powder. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the liquid is gone.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet and sprinkle with the cornmeal. Unroll pizza dough onto the baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl mash pinto beans with a fork. Spread beans over partially baked dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Spoon meat mixture over beans. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more or until crust is just golden. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake 1 to 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomato, and green onions. Cut into 12 pieces. If desired, serve with taco sauce.
- Makes 6 servings
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as above, except add crushed tortilla chips or corn chips to the toppings. In desired, serve with dairy sour cream.
Per 2 pieces: 470 cal., 20 g total fat (8 g sat. fat), 67 mg chol., 989 mg sodium, 47 g carbo., 6 g fiber, 29 g pro.
Daily Values: 24% vit. A, 23% vit. C, 22% calcium, 24% iron
Exchanges: 3 Starch, 3 Medium-Fat Meat, 1/2 Vegetable
Nutrition Facts (Tostada Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 423 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 67 mg chol.,
- 939 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet