- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup reduced-calorie clear Italian salad dressing
- 4 French-style rolls (about 4 inches long), split
- 8 slices fully cooked turkey pastrami (8 ounces)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced provolone or Swiss cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons tarragon mustard or peppercorn mustard
1. In an 8-inch skillet cook onion and sweet pepper in Italian dressing until tender. Remove skillet from heat.
2. For each sandwich, place the bottom of a roll on a 12-inch square of foil. Top with turkey pastrami, cheese, and plum tomato slices. Spoon on the onion-sweet pepper mixture, including any remaining dressing. Spread cut side of the roll top with mustard and place atop the fillings. Wrap each sandwich in the foil, sealing the ends.
3. Heat sandwiches in 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Unwrap sandwiches and serve warm. Makes 4 sandwiches.
- Swing by the deli on the way home and pick up your favorite pasta salad or slaw. Also, grab a bag of chips.
- cal. (kcal) 355,
- Fat, total (g) 12,
- chol. (mg) 11,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 40,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 21,
- vit. A (RE) 62,
- vit. C (mg) 21,
- sodium (mg) 1254,
- calcium (mg) 151,
- iron (mg) 4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet