- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large poblano peppers, roasted, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 large hamburger buns
- Assorted condiments
1. Mix the onion, poblano peppers, chili powder, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl; add ground meat and mix well. Shape mixture into 4 patties about 3/4-inch thick. Place on a tray; cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
2. Place patties on the lightly oiled rack of the grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 14 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in centers registers 160 degree F, turning burgers once. Top burgers with shredded cheese during the last 1 minute of grilling.
3. Toast hamburger buns on grill rack, cut sides down, about 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Serve burgers on buns with desired assorted condiments. Makes 4 burgers.
- To roast poblano peppers, heat oven to 425 degree F. Halve peppers lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. Roast peppers, cut side down, on foil-lined baking sheet for 20 minutes or until skins are dark. Wrap in foil; let stand 20 minutes. Peel.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 552,
- Fat, total (g) 30,
- chol. (mg) 120,
- sat. fat (g) 12,
- carb. (g) 30,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 39,
- vit. A (IU) 10319,
- sodium (mg) 1008,
- calcium (mg) 151,
- iron (mg) 6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet