0 did it
- Yields: 6 servings plus leftovers
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 3 hrs 30 mins 325°F
- Preheat oven to 325 derees F. Slice onions and arrange in center of a roasting pan that will hold the brisket snugly. Place brisket on top, fat side up.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients; pour over brisket. Cover pan with heavy aluminum foil, sealing it tightly. Bake 3-1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove from oven; transfer meat to a cutting board and cover with foil.
- Transfer the onions to a blender with a ladle or two of the liquid from the pan. Blend until smooth; stir back into remaining liquid in pan.
- Slice brisket across the grain and then, if desired, cut the slices in half. Place slices in gravy in the pan. Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 3 days, or freeze up to 2 months. Reheat meat in the gravy in a 350 degrees F oven in a pan covered with foil. Or microwave, covered, 30 seconds at a time until hot. Makes 6 servings plus leftovers.
Nutrition Facts (Texas Brisket)
- Per serving:
- 449 kcal cal.,
- 32 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 14 g monounsatured fat),
- 115 mg chol.,
- 606 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet