Tenderloin with Grilled Corn Relish
ears corn, husks and silks removed
center-cut beef tenderloin steaks, cut 2 inches thick (about 2 lb. total)
cup half-and-half or light cream
tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Lightly coat corn and steaks with extra virgin olive oil. Season steaks with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Let steaks stand at room temperature while grilling corn.
- For charcoal grill, place corn on rack over medium-hot coals. Cover; grill 10 minutes or until golden, turning occasionally. (For gas grill, preheat grill to medium-high. Grill as above.) Set corn aside. With grilling tongs, carefully push coals to one side of grill and, if necessary, add more coals for medium-hot heat.
- Place steaks on rack directly over coals. Cover and lightly sear on both sides, 5 to 6 minutes. Move to unheated side of grill. Cover and grill 13 to 15 minutes more for medium rare (145 degrees F); remove. Cover with foil; set aside.
- For corn relish, in skillet over medium coals, cook bacon. Drain on paper towels; reserve drippings in skillet. Cut kernels from cob. Cook onion in drippings over medium coals until tender, 3 minutes, stirring often. Add corn and half-and-half. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 3 minutes or until thickened. Add crumbled bacon and herbs; spoon over steaks. Serves 4.
Nutrition Facts(Tenderloin with Grilled Corn Relish)
- Per serving:
- 701 kcal cal.,
- 42 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 18 g monounsatured fat),
- 189 mg chol.,
- 699 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 62 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet