- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
- Bake: 15 mins to 17 mins 425°F
pound ground beef
pound tomatoes, chopped
cup pitted olives (such as green, ripe, Kalamata, and/or Nicoise), coarsely chopped
teaspoon ground black pepper
8 1/2 ounce package corn muffin mix
cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
Pitted olives, coarsely chopped tomatoes, and cilantro leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a 12-inch skillet cook beef until browned. Drain off fat. Add chopped tomatoes, the 1/2 cup olives, the water, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions. Divide hot ground beef among four (12- to 16-ounce) casserole dishes. Top with muffin mix; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until topping is light golden and cooked through. If desired, top with olives, chopped tomatoes, and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts (Tamale Pies)
- Per serving:
- 609 kcal cal.,
- 31 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 147 mg chol.,
- 1052 mg sodium,
- 49 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet