Szechwan Beef Stir-Fry
- For easier slicing, partially freeze meat. Trim fat from meat. Thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips . Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together sherry, soy sauce, water, hoisin sauce, ginger, cornstarch, sugar, garlic, and crushed red pepper (if using); set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat (add more oil if necessary during cooking). Add carrot; cook and stir in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add baby corn and sweet pepper. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from wok.
- Add meat to wok. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in center. Push meat from center of wok.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to wok. Stir all ingredients together to coat. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve immediately with hot cooked rice. If desired, sprinkle with sliced green onions.
- Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Facts (Szechwan Beef Stir-Fry)
- Per serving:
- 317 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 48 mg chol.,
- 859 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet