Sweet Pepper Steak
Cracked black pepper
12 ounces beef top loin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
of a medium red sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
of a medium yellow sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
of a medium green sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
tablespoons butter or cooking oil
1/2 ounce envelope au jus gravy mix
- Press cracked pepper into 1 side of each steak, using about 1/2 teaspoon pepper per steak.
- Grill steaks on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals to desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. [Allow 11 to 15 minutes for medium-rare (145 degree F) or 14 to 18 minutes for medium doneness (160 degree F).
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet cook sweet pepper strips in hot butter or oil until tender. In a saucepan prepare au jus gravy mix according to package directions.
- Serve steaks on warm plates; top steaks with pepper strips and au jus gravy. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Sweet Pepper Steak)
- Per serving:
- 535 kcal cal.,
- 30 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 160 mg chol.,
- 910 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 58 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet