- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Roast: 1 hr 45 mins to 2 hrs 350°F
- Stand: 15 mins
Sunday Beef Rib Roast
recipe Herb-Bacon Topper, recipe below
4 pound beef rib roast (chine bone removed)
teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
pound baby carrots with tops, trimmed
pound small red potatoes (halve any large potatoes)
cups baby spinach
15 ounce can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- Prepare Herb-Bacon Topper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle beef roast with cracked pepper, salt, and half of the Herb-Bacon Topper (refrigerate remaining topper and reserved bacon pieces until ready to use). Place meat, bone side down, in a shallow roasting pan. Insert an oven-safe meat thermometer into center of roast.
- Roast, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Arrange carrots and potatoes around roast and toss to gently coat. Roast 1 to 1-1/4 hours more or until meat thermometer registers 135 degrees F for medium-rare. Sprinkle meat with remaining Herb-Bacon Topper; cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Temperature of meat after standing should be 145 degrees F. Push meat and carrots to one side of pan. Stir spinach and beans into drippings in other side of pan; sprinkle with reserved bacon pieces. Makes 10 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
For added garlic flavor:
Cut 3 garlic cloves into slivers. Before roasting, cut shallow slits all over meat; insert garlic slivers into slits. Roast as above.
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Chop half the bacon; stir in thyme and rosemary. Break remaining half of the bacon into pieces to sprinkle into the spinach and beans before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Sunday Beef Rib Roast)
- Per serving:
- 492 kcal cal.,
- 32 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 14 g monounsatured fat),
- 91 mg chol.,
- 468 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBeef Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Recipes, Chocolate Desserts, Christmas Recipes, Cocktail Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Pork Recipes, Potato Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Slow Cooker Beef Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes