Steak with Nectarines
Sweet grilled nectarines and crispy grilled bacon add an amazing flavor boost to an already delicious and tender grilled steak.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Grill: 15 mins
Steak with Nectarines
6 ounces boneless beef rib-eye steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick
teaspoons sugar, divided
teaspoons chili powder
teaspoon ground cumin
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
teaspoon cayenne pepper
medium firm but ripe nectarines, pitted and cut into 8 wedges each
slices bacon, preferably hickory smoked
- Trim fat from meat. In a small bowl combine sugar, chili powder, salt, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne pepper; reserve 1 teaspoon. Sprinkle remaining spice mixture evenly over both sides of meat; rub in with your fingers; set aside. In a medium bowl toss the nectarines with the reserved 1 teaspoon spice mixture and water; set aside.
- For a charcoal grill, place bacon slices in a large cast iron skillet. Place skillet with bacon on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill 8 to 10 minutes or until bacon is crisp-cooked and browned, turning very frequently. Carefully remove skillet from grill. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Place steaks on the grill rack directly over the coals. Grill until desired doneness, turning once. (Allow 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare doneness or 5 to 7 minutes for medium doneness.) Place nectarine wedges directly on grill rack along side the steaks the last 3 to 5 minutes of grilling until nectarines are lightly browned and warmed through, turning often.
- Transfer steaks to serving plates and top each with a slice of bacon and 4 nectarine wedges. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Steak with Nectarines)
- Per serving:
- 353 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 108 mg chol.,
- 1155 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 38 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBeef Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Recipes, Chocolate Desserts, Christmas Recipes, Cocktail Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Fourth of July Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Pork Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes