Steak with Nectarines
6 ounces boneless beef rib-eye steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick
teaspoons sugar, divided
teaspoons chili powder
teaspoon ground cumin
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
teaspoon cayenne pepper
medium firm but ripe nectarines, pitted and cut into 8 wedges each
slices bacon, preferably hickory smoked
- Trim fat from meat. In a small bowl combine sugar, chili powder, salt, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne pepper; reserve 1 teaspoon. Sprinkle remaining spice mixture evenly over both sides of meat; rub in with your fingers; set aside. In a medium bowl toss the nectarines with the reserved 1 teaspoon spice mixture and water; set aside.
- For a charcoal grill, place bacon slices in a large cast iron skillet. Place skillet with bacon on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill 8 to 10 minutes or until bacon is crisp-cooked and browned, turning very frequently. Carefully remove skillet from grill. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Place steaks on the grill rack directly over the coals. Grill until desired doneness, turning once. (Allow 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare doneness or 5 to 7 minutes for medium doneness.) Place nectarine wedges directly on grill rack along side the steaks the last 3 to 5 minutes of grilling until nectarines are lightly browned and warmed through, turning often.
- Transfer steaks to serving plates and top each with a slice of bacon and 4 nectarine wedges. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Steak with Nectarines)
- Per serving:
- 353 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 108 mg chol.,
- 1155 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 38 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet