Steak Fajitas with Peppers
This marinated flank steak recipe, grilled with vegetables and rolled inside a warm tortilla, has been a restaurant favorite since the 1970s. Don't wait for an evening out to order this main dish. Prepare it at home and serve with flourish.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 1 hr
- Marinate: 2 hrs to 4 hrs
- Cook: 6 mins
- Trim fat from meat. Partially freeze meat for about 30 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain into bite-size strips. Place strips in a plastic bag set in a deep bowl.
- Meanwhile, for marinade, in a small mixing bowl, combine the 1/3 cup cooking oil, lime juice, jalapeno peppers, green onions, cilantro, salt, and garlic. Pour marinade over beef strips in bag. Close bag tightly; turn to coat beef strips. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Heat in a 350 degrees F oven about 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, drain beef strips; discard marinade. In a large skillet heat the 1 tablespoon cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sweet pepper. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from skillet.
- Add beef to the hot skillet. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until done. Drain well. Return all vegetables to skillet. Stir in tomato. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- To serve, fill warm tortillas with beef-vegetable mixture. If desired, top with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream. Roll up tortillas. Makes 4 servings.
Prepare the filling as directed. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- 479 kcal cal.;
- 19 g Fat, total;
- 40 mg chol.;
- 4 g sat. fat;
- 54 g carb.;
- 1 g fiber;
- 23 g pro.;
- 801 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet