Upload your photo here.
Steak and Vegetable Braciole
- In a small bowl, combine carrot, zucchini, sweet pepper, green onions, cheese, parsley, garlic, and black pepper. Spoon 1/4 cup of the filling onto each piece of meat. Roll up meat around the filling; secure with clean kitchen string or wooden toothpicks.
- Place meat rolls in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Pour marinara sauce over meat rolls.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove and discard string or toothpicks. If desired, serve meat rolls and marinara sauce over hot cooked pasta.
From the Test Kitchen
If you can't find tenderized round steak, ask a butcher to tenderize 2 pounds boneless beef round steak and cut it into six pieces. Or cut 2 pounds boneless beef round steak into six serving-size pieces; place each piece of steak between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, pound steak pieces to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
Nutrition Facts (Steak and Vegetable Braciole)
- Per serving:
- 261 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 73 mg chol.,
- 523 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 36 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet