- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (1 medium)
- 1/3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/3 cup chopped red or green sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (2)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tenderized beef round steaks (about 2 pounds total)*
- 2 cups purchased marinara sauce
- Hot cooked pasta (optional)
1. In a small bowl, combine carrot, zucchini, sweet pepper, green onions, cheese, parsley, garlic, and black pepper. Spoon 1/4 cup of the filling onto each piece of meat. Roll up meat around the filling; secure with clean kitchen string or wooden toothpicks.
2. Place meat rolls in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Pour marinara sauce over meat rolls.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
4. Remove and discard string or toothpicks. If desired, serve meat rolls and marinara sauce over hot cooked pasta.
- If you can't find tenderized round steak, ask a butcher to tenderize 2 pounds boneless beef round steak and cut it into six pieces. Or cut 2 pounds boneless beef round steak into six serving-size pieces; place each piece of steak between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, pound steak pieces to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 261,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 73,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 7,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 36,
- sodium (mg) 523,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet