Spicy Carne Asada Burrito
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place tortilla on a large piece of foil.* Splash tortilla with a few drops of water. Wrap tightly. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove tortilla from foil. Place on a work surface. Sprinkle cheese over tortilla to within 1-1/2 inch of edge. Top cheese with Mexican Green Rice, Smoky Black Beans, Carne Asada, Roasted Salsa Roja, onion, cilantro, and, if desired, avocado.
- Fold right and left edges of tortilla inward over the filling. Starting with the edge closest to you, roll tortilla tightly to enclose filling.
- Lightly oil a large skillet or griddle. Heat over medium heat. Place rolled burrito, seam side down, in the skillet or on the griddle. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until burrito is browned on both sides, turning once. If desired, top with Red Chile Sauce and crema.
From the Test Kitchen
Test Kitchen Tip:
These steps make a San Francisco Mission Burrito. All main ingredients should be warm prior to assembly. Mission burritos should not be drippy and no one ingredient should predominate. That's the beauty of these babies!
*Test Kitchen Tip:
To make more than one burrito, stack the tortillas on the foil and splash the stack with a few drops of water. Wrap and bake tortillas for about 10 minutes or until warmed.
Nutrition Facts (Spicy Carne Asada Burrito)
- Per serving:
- 765 kcal cal.,
- 36 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat,
- 70 mg chol.,
- 2060 mg sodium,
- 72 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 43 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet