- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 10 inch flour tortilla
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup Mexican Green Rice or cooked rice, warmed
- 1/3 cup Smoky Black Beans or canned black beans, drained and warmed
- 1/3 cup Carne Asada or grilled and sliced beef, warmed
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Salsa Roja or purchased salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 slices avocado (optional)
- Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup Red Chiile Sauce (optional)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Mexican crema or sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place tortilla on a large piece of foil.* Splash tortilla with a few drops of water. Wrap tightly. Bake for 5 minutes.
2. Remove tortilla from foil. Place on a work surface. Sprinkle cheese over tortilla to within 1-1/2 inch of edge. Top cheese with Mexican Green Rice, Smoky Black Beans, Carne Asada, Roasted Salsa Roja, onion, cilantro, and, if desired, avocado.
3. Fold right and left edges of tortilla inward over the filling. Starting with the edge closest to you, roll tortilla tightly to enclose filling.
4. Lightly oil a large skillet or griddle. Heat over medium heat. Place rolled burrito, seam side down, in the skillet or on the griddle. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until burrito is browned on both sides, turning once. If desired, top with Red Chile Sauce and crema.
- These steps make a San Francisco Mission Burrito. All main ingredients should be warm prior to assembly. Mission burritos should not be drippy and no one ingredient should predominate. That's the beauty of these babies!
- To make more than one burrito, stack the tortillas on the foil and splash the stack with a few drops of water. Wrap and bake tortillas for about 10 minutes or until warmed.
- Servings Per Recipe 1,
- cal. (kcal) 765,
- Fat, total (g) 36,
- chol. (mg) 70,
- sat. fat (g) 14,
- carb. (g) 72,
- fiber (g) 9,
- pro. (g) 43,
- sodium (mg) 2060,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet