- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 12 ounces packaged dried spaghetti
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 1 cup chopped green sweet pepper (1 large)
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 4 ounce can (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 2 1/4ounce can sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 10 3/4ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain well. Return to pan.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and sweet pepper until meat is brown and vegetables are tender, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat. Stir tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, and oregano into meat mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
3. Spread half of the cooked spaghetti in prepared baking dish. Top with half of the meat mixture and half of the cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
4. In a medium bowl combine cream of mushroom soup and the water; spread over top layer in baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 498,
- Fat, total (g) 24,
- chol. (mg) 73,
- sat. fat (g) 11,
- carb. (g) 44,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 25,
- sodium (mg) 788,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet