- Let dough stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Sprinkle a large baking sheet with cornmeal; set aside.
- On lightly floured surface roll dough to 15x12-inch oval. If dough is difficult to roll, let it rest a few minutes once or twice during rolling. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Lightly brush dough with olive oil; sprinkle with oregano.
- Spread the 2 cups of Bolognese sauce on half the dough to within 2-1/2 inches of edges. Top with Gouda cheese. Fold dough over filling; press edges together. Seal edges by pressing with tines of a fork. With sharp knife, cut several holes in top crust. Brush top with olive oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and crisp. Sprinkle oregano and crushed red pepper. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes before cutting. Heat the 1 cup of Bolognese sauce in microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Pass for dipping. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Smoky Calzones)
- Per serving:
- 684 kcal cal.,
- 32 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 92 mg chol.,
- 1216 mg sodium,
- 64 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 33 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet