Slow-Cooked Beef and Vegetables for Two
ounces boneless beef chuck pot roast
teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
teaspoon ground cumin
teaspoon ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
cloves garlic, minced
cup lower-sodium beef broth
cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- Trim fat from meat. In a small bowl, combine oregano, cumin, paprika, pepper, and salt. Sprinkle mixture evenly over meat; rub in with your fingers. Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium heat. Add meat to skillet; cook on all sides until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a 1 1/2- or 2-quart slow cooker, combine carrots and garlic. Pour broth over carrots. Top with meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. If no heat setting is available, cook for 5 to 5 1/2 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting (or if no heat setting is available, continue cooking). Add cabbage. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cabbage, meat, and carrots to a serving platter.
Nutrition Facts(Slow-Cooked Beef and Vegetables for Two)
- Per serving:
- 214 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 50 mg chol.,
- 379 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet