- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
Sizzling Steak with Peach Steak Sauce
recipe Peach Steak Sauce (see step 4)
slices thick-sliced bacon, cut crosswise into thirds
6 ounces beef boneless flat iron, ribeye, or Delmonico steaks, cut 3/4- to 1-inch thick
Salt and ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
medium fresh peaches, pitted and cut into eighths
1-inch slices French or Italian bread, toasted
cup peach or apricot nectar
tablespoons condensed beef consomme or condensed beef broth
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
tablespoon packed brown sugar
tablespoon minced onion
teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare Peach Steak Sauce, step 4; set aside. In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp and brown. Remove from skillet. Drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet; set aside.
- Lightly season steaks with salt and pepper. Lightly coat a heavy 12-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add meat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 8 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145 degree F) to medium (160 degree F) doneness, turning occasionally. (If meat browns too quickly, reduce heat to medium low.) Use 1/2 cup of the Peach Steak Sauce to brush on steaks during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in the large skillet heat the reserved 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings. Add 2 of the peaches and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes or until peaches are browned and heated through, stirring and turning peaches occasionally.
- In a blender or food processor, blend remaining 2 peaches until almost smooth. In a small saucepan combine pureed peaches, consomme, vinegar, brown sugar, onion, and cinnamon. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or to desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Makes 1 cup.
- To serve, place a toast slice on each plate. Top with a steak, peach slices, and bacon. Pass remaining Peach Steak Sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Sizzling Steak with Peach Steak Sauce)
- 690 kcal cal.;
- 16 g Fat, total;
- 88 mg chol.;
- 6 g sat. fat;
- 87 g carb.;
- 7 g Monosaturated fat;
- 1 g Polyunsaturated fat;
- 7 g fiber;
- 55 g sugar;
- 47 g pro.;
- 27 mg vit. C;
- 1312 IU vit. A;
- 6 mg iron;
- 91 mg calcium;
- 840 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet