- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 hrs to 11 hrs (low) or 5 to 5 1/2 hours (high)
Simple French Dip Sandwiches
3 pound boneless beef bottom round roast
tablespoon cooking oil
large sweet onions, cut into thin wedges
14 ounce cans seasoned beef broth with onion
0.6 ounce envelope au jus gravy mix
teaspoon ground black pepper
hoagie buns, split and toasted if desired
- Trim fat from meat. In a large skillet, brown roast on all sides in hot oil; drain off fat.
- Place onions in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Place meat on top of onions. In a bowl, whisk together broth, gravy mix, and pepper. Pour over meat in cooker.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 11 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 5 1/2 hours. Transfer meat to a cutting board. Slice meat across the grain and return to cooker to keep warm. With a slotted spoon, remove meat and onions and serve on hoagie buns. Serve with bowls of cooking juices for dipping.
Nutrition Facts (Simple French Dip Sandwiches)
- Per serving:
- 611 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 132 mg chol.,
- 1504 mg sodium,
- 57 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 60 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet