- Makes: 4 servings
- Cook: 20 mins (pasta and vegetables)
- Slow Cook: 5 hrs 30 mins to 6 hrs hours (high) or 11 to 12 hours (low)
Shredded Beef Lo Mein
ounces dried lo mein noodles, Chinese egg noodles, or fettuccine
large onion, sliced
tablespoon cooking oil
16 ounce package frozen broccoli, carrots, red peppers, celery, water chestnuts, and mushrooms stir-fry vegetables
cups Shredded Beef Master Recipe (see below)
12.1 ounce jar stir-fry sauce
4 ounce can (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
cup coarsely chopped cashews
green onions, cut into thin strips
- Make the Shredded Beef Master Recipe (below), in your Slow Cooker.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, cook and stir sliced onion in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add frozen stir-fry vegetables; cook and stir about 5 minutes more or until crisp-tender. Add shredded beef, stir-fry sauce, and mushrooms. Heat until bubbly. Serve over noodles. Top with cashews and green onion. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Shredded Beef Master Recipe
pounds boneless beef chuck pot roast
14 ounce can broth
tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
teaspoons dry mustard
teaspoon dried thyme
teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Trim fat from pot roast. Cut onions into thin wedges and mince garlic. Add onions and garlic to a 4 to 5-quart slow cooker. Top with beef. If necessary, cut up meat to fit in cooker. In a medium bowl, combine broth, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, thyme, salt, and cayenne pepper. Pour over beef in cooker. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 11 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5-1/2 to 6 hours. Remove beef and onion from cooker, reserving juices. Using two forks, shred beef, discarding any fat. Skim fat from juices. Add onion to beef; add enough juices to beef to moisten. Place 2-cup portions of beef in airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Makes 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Shredded Beef Lo Mein)
- Per serving:
- 726 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 124 mg chol.,
- 2295 mg sodium,
- 93 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 48 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet