Sesame Orange Beef
ounces boneless beef sirloin steak
ounces fresh green beans, halved crosswise
teaspoons sesame seeds
cup orange juice
tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
tablespoon toasted sesame oil
teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
Nonstick cooking spray
cup bias-sliced green onions
tablespoon grated fresh ginger
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon canola oil
cups hot cooked brown rice
oranges, peeled and sectioned or thinly sliced crosswise
- Trim fat from meat. Thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips. Set aside. In a covered medium saucepan, cook green beans in a small amount of boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook sesame seeds over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, and orange peel. Set aside.
- Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add green onions, ginger, and garlic to hot skillet; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the precooked green beans; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet.
- Carefully add canola oil to the hot skillet. Add meat; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly pink in center. Remove from skillet.
- Stir sauce; add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Return meat and vegetables to skillet. Heat through, stirring to coat all ingredients with sauce. Serve meat mixture with hot cooked brown rice. Top with orange sections and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts(Sesame Orange Beef)
- Per serving:
- 348 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 52 mg chol.,
- 341 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet