- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 12 ounces boneless beef sirloin steak
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, halved crosswise
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup bias-sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned or thinly sliced crosswise
1. Trim fat from meat. Thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips. Set aside. In a covered medium saucepan, cook green beans in a small amount of boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook sesame seeds over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Set aside.For sauce::
3. In a small bowl, combine orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, and orange peel. Set aside.
4. Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add green onions, ginger, and garlic to hot skillet; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the precooked green beans; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet.
5. Carefully add canola oil to the hot skillet. Add meat; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly pink in center. Remove from skillet.
6. Stir sauce; add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Return meat and vegetables to skillet. Heat through, stirring to coat all ingredients with sauce. Serve meat mixture with hot cooked brown rice. Top with orange sections and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 348,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 52,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 41,
- fiber (g) 6,
- pro. (g) 24,
- sodium (mg) 341,
- Vegetables () 1,
- Fruit () 1,
- Starch () 2,
- Lean Meat () 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet