- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 10 hrs to 12 hrs (low) or 4 to 5 hours on high
Saucy Pot Roast with Noodles
2 pound beef chuck pot roast
tablespoon cooking oil
medium carrots, sliced
stalks celery, sliced
medium onion, sliced
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
14 1/2 ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
6 ounce can Italian-style tomato paste
tablespoon packed brown sugar
teaspoon ground black pepper
Hot cooked noodles
Celery leaves (optional)
- Trim fat from roast. If necessary, cut roast to fit into a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In a large skillet, brown roast on all sides in hot oil.
- In the cooker, combine carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Sprinkle tapioca over vegetables. Arrange roast to cover vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, combine undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and bay leaf; pour over the roast in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Discard bay leaf. Skim off fat. Slice meat. Serve with hot cooked noodles. If desired, garnish with celery leaves.
Nutrition Facts (Saucy Pot Roast with Noodles)
- Per serving:
- 569 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 127 mg chol.,
- 693 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet