Roast Beef Tamale Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat beef according to package directions. Pour juice into 2-cup glass measure; add water to equal 1 cup. Coarsely shred beef with two forks.
- In large skillet cook pepper and onion in hot butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in flour. Add juice mixture; cook until thickened and bubbly. Stir in beef, beans, zucchini, and tomatoes. Transfer to lightly greased 2-quart (8x8x2-inch) baking dish. Arrange polenta slices around edges.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 to 10 minutes more, until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In small bowl combine sour cream and cilantro. Serve with casserole, pass lime wedges. Serves 4 to 6.
From the Test Kitchen
Hot peppers contain oils that can burn skin and eyes. Wear kitchen gloves while handling pepper. Wash hands well after.
Nutrition Facts (Roast Beef Tamale Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 578 kcal cal.,
- 31 g fat
- (18 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 125 mg chol.,
- 1155 mg sodium,
- 40 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 41 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet