Ribeyes with Garden Tomatoes
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
teaspoons minced garlic
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
beef ribeye steaks (about 2 lb. total)
head butterhead lettuce, cored, leaves separated (about 6 oz.)
pounds assorted fresh heirloom or desired tomatoes, sliced or cut in wedges
cup whole basil leaves
Coarse sea salt
- For dressing, in small bowl whisk together vinegar, 2 tablespoons basil, garlic, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. black pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until smooth. Remove 2 tablespoons to marinate steaks; set remaining dressing aside.
- Brush steaks with the 2 tablespoons dressing; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- For charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals on one side of grill. Place steaks on rack directly over coals. Cover and lightly sear on both sides, 8 minutes. Move to unheated side of grill. Cover and grill 4 to 6 minutes more for medium rare (145 degrees F). Remove; let stand 5 minutes. (For gas grill, preheat to medium-high. Adjust for indirect grilling. Grill as above.)
- Diagonally slice steaks; arrange on lettuce leaves with tomatoes and basil. Drizzle dressing; season with salt. Serves 4 to 6.
Nutrition Facts(Ribeyes with Garden Tomatoes)
- Per serving:
- 605 kcal cal.,
- 37 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 21 g monounsatured fat),
- 167 mg chol.,
- 624 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 56 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet