- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 - 3 Anaheim peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 ounces dry Monterey Jack cheese, shaved, or Monterey Jack cheese, sliced.
- 4 sesame hamburger buns
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- Assorted condiments such as mustard, mayonnaise, catsup, tomatoes, lettuce, and/or pickles
1. Place peppers on a grill rack directly over medium heat; grill, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until charred, turning frequently. Wrap peppers in foil or place in a clean paper bag; set aside until cool enough to handle (about 10 minutes). Peel peppers; remove and discard stems, seeds, and membranes. Finely chop peppers.
2. Combine the peppers, onion, and soy sauce in a large mixing bowl; add beef and mix well. Shape mixture into 4 patties about 1 inch thick.
3. Place burger patties on the lightly oiled rack of the grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 18 to 23 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in centers registers 160 degree F, turning burgers once halfway through grilling. Top with cheese slices the last 5 minutes of grilling.
4. Toast buns, if desired. Place burgers on buns. Top with avocado and desired condiments. Makes 4 burgers.
- Use ripe Haas avocados (with dark, pebbly skin). Avocados turn brown once cut, so use right after slicing.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 559,
- Fat, total (g) 31,
- chol. (mg) 126,
- sat. fat (g) 13,
- carb. (g) 26,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 43,
- vit. A (IU) 437,
- vit. C (mg) 56,
- sodium (mg) 732,
- calcium (mg) 242,
- iron (mg) 5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet