Renee Behnkes Burgers Pacifica
- Place peppers on a grill rack directly over medium heat; grill, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until charred, turning frequently. Wrap peppers in foil or place in a clean paper bag; set aside until cool enough to handle (about 10 minutes). Peel peppers; remove and discard stems, seeds, and membranes. Finely chop peppers.
- Combine the peppers, onion, and soy sauce in a large mixing bowl; add beef and mix well. Shape mixture into 4 patties about 1 inch thick.
- Place burger patties on the lightly oiled rack of the grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 18 to 23 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in centers registers 160 degree F, turning burgers once halfway through grilling. Top with cheese slices the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Toast buns, if desired. Place burgers on buns. Top with avocado and desired condiments. Makes 4 burgers.
From the Test Kitchen
Test Kitchen Tip:
Use ripe Haas avocados (with dark, pebbly skin). Avocados turn brown once cut, so use right after slicing.
Nutrition Facts (Renee Behnkes Burgers Pacifica)
- Per serving:
- 559 kcal cal.,
- 31 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 126 mg chol.,
- 732 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 43 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet