Ranchero Beef Hash
- For hash, place potatoes in a 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe casserole. Add 2 tablespoons water. Cover and cook on 100 percent power (high) power for 5 to 7 minutes or just until tender, stirring once. Drain potatoes.
- In large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are lightly browned and tender. Stir in carrot; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add roast and gravy, using a spoon to break beef in bite-size pieces; heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- In extra-large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Break eggs in skillet; season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; cook eggs 3 to 4 minutes, until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken. (For more doneness, turn eggs and continue cooking 30 seconds.)
- Divide hash among plates. Top with one egg and salsa. Serve with tortilla strips. Makes 4 servings.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges. Place wedges in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until crisp.
Nutrition Facts (Ranchero Beef Hash)
- Per serving:
- 507 kcal cal.,
- 24 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 282 mg chol.,
- 1029 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 42 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet