- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups 1/2-inch pieces peeled pumpkin or winter squash
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 1/2ounce package corn muffin mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree (see Recipe Center) or canned pumpkin
- Jalapeno-Olive Relish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In large skillet cook ground beef, pumpkin, and onion over medium heat until meat is browned and onion tender, breaking up ground beef with spoon; drain fat. Stir in black beans, corn, chiles, and salt. Heat through. Stir in broth and cream cheese until blended. Transfer mixture to 2-1/2-quart baking dish.
2. In medium bowl stir together corn muffin mix, egg, milk, and Pumpkin Puree until just combined. Spoon over beef mixture.
3. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into topper comes out clean. Serve with Jalapeno-Olive Relish.
- 1/4 cup halved pitted green olives
- 1 - 2 jalapeno peppers*, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 - 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
1. In small bowl combine green olives, jalapeno peppers*, cherry tomatoes, and cilantro.
- *Hot chile peppers contain oils that can burn skin and eyes. When working with them, wear plastic or rubber gloves.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 524,
- Fat, total (g) 26,
- chol. (mg) 106,
- sat. fat (g) 10,
- carb. (g) 51,
- fiber (g) 7,
- pro. (g) 25,
- sodium (mg) 924,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet