- Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions through the kneading step. Cover and let dough rest.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, mushrooms, garlic, and black pepper until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain well, Stir in pizza sauce, sweet peppers, and Italian seasoning. Cook and stir until heated through. Cover and keep warm.
- Spray the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. On a lightly floured surface, roll three-fourths of the dough into a 13-inch circle. Place dough in the springform pan (the dough will extend about 2-1/2 inches up the sides). Press pleats in dough as necessary to fit. Sprinkle bottom of dough with half of each of the cheeses. Spoon meat mixture over cheese.
- Pat spinach dry with paper towels. Combine the spinach, one of the slightly beaten eggs, and the remaining cheeses. Spread spinach mixture over meat mixture. Roll remaining dough into a 9-inch circle; place over the spinach mixture. Fold excess bottom crust over top crust; crimp edge to seal. In a small bowl combine the remaining beaten egg and the water. Brush over the top of the dough. Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. To serve, remove sides of springform pan; cut into wedges. Makes 10 main-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Pizza Rustica)
- Per serving:
- 322 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 79 mg chol.,
- 562 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet