ounces bulk pork sausage
ounces lean ground beef
medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
cloves garlic, minced
14 1/2 ounce can whole tomatoes, cut up
4 ounce can diced green chili peppers, drained
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground cumin
dash ground cloves
7 inches flour tortillas
cup finely chopped pecans
Shredded lettuce (optional)
- Combine raisins and tequila in a small saucepan. Bring to boiling; remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- For filling, cook sausage, beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is brown. Drain off fat. Stir in undrained raisins, undrained tomatoes, green chili peppers, sugar, cinnamon, cumin, and cloves. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil. Heat in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until warm. Stir pecans into meat mixture.
- To serve, top warm tortillas with lettuce, if desired; top with filling. Fold or roll up. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Make it a meal with jicama sticks, guacamole, and margaritas.
Nutrition Facts(Picadillo Tacos)
- Per serving:
- 479 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 39 mg chol.,
- 706 mg sodium,
- 55 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet