Philly Cheese Steak Dip
- Remove cover from beef roast package and cook beef in the microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1 minute. Remove beef roast from package; reserve 1/3 cup of the au jus. Cut beef roast into chunks. Using two forks, pull beef into shreds; set aside. In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat until tender. Stir in beef.
- Lightly coat the inside of a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add beef mixture to cooker. Stir in the reserved 1/3 cup au jus, cheese dip, sweet peppers, mushrooms, pepperoncini, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 1 to 2 hours. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Serve with Hoagie Planks.
- Preheat broiler. Split 5 hoagie buns and place, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Spread with about 1/4 cup softened butter and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted. To serve, cut bun halves diagonally into pieces.
From the Test Kitchen
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts(Philly Cheese Steak Dip)
- Per serving:
- 193 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 38 mg chol.,
- 604 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet