- Makes: 20 servings
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 1 hr to 2 hrs (high)
Philly Cheese Steak Dip
17 ounce package beef roast au jus
cup chopped onion (1 large)
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoon olive oil
Nonstick cooking spray
15 ounce jar process cheese dip
cup chopped red sweet pepper (1 medium)
cup chopped green sweet pepper (1 medium)
4 ounce can (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
cup pepperoncini salad peppers, stemmed and chopped
tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
teaspoon ground black pepper
- Remove cover from beef roast package and cook beef in the microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1 minute. Remove beef roast from package; reserve 1/3 cup of the au jus. Cut beef roast into chunks. Using two forks, pull beef into shreds; set aside. In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat until tender. Stir in beef.
- Lightly coat the inside of a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add beef mixture to cooker. Stir in the reserved 1/3 cup au jus, cheese dip, sweet peppers, mushrooms, pepperoncini, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 1 to 2 hours. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Serve with Hoagie Planks.
- Preheat broiler. Split 5 hoagie buns and place, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Spread with about 1/4 cup softened butter and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted. To serve, cut bun halves diagonally into pieces.
Nutrition Facts (Philly Cheese Steak Dip)
- Per serving:
- 193 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 38 mg chol.,
- 604 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet