- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 10 hrs to 12 hrs (low) or 5 hours (high), plus 30 minutes (high)
- Broil: 1 min
Philly Cheese Pot Roast Sandwiches
2 1/2 pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
cup chopped onion (1 large)
cup Worcestershire sauce
tablespoon instant beef bouillon granules
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
cup chopped pepperoncini (Italian pickled peppers) or other pickled peppers
hoagie buns or kaiser rolls, split and toasted
slices American cheese
- Trim fat from meat. Cut into 1-inch pieces. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine meat, onion, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon granules, garlic, oregano, basil, and thyme.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours. Stir to break up meat cubes. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in pepperoncini. Cook, uncovered, on high-heat setting for 30 minutes more, stirring often to break up meat.
- Preheat broiler. Using a slotted spoon, place meat mixture on the bun bottoms. Top with cheese. Place bun bottoms with meat on a baking sheet. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat about 1 minute or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Cover with bun tops.
Nutrition Facts (Philly Cheese Pot Roast Sandwiches)
- Per serving:
- 493 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 122 mg chol.,
- 1009 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 46 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet