Pasta and Meatballs Meat Loaf
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse and cool completely. Halve rolls lengthwise; set aside.
- In a large skillet cook onion, sweet pepper, and garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, 2/3 cup of the Toasted Bread Crumbs, the salt, and Italian seasoning. Using your hands, fold in ground beef, cooked pasta, the 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and cooked vegetables. Form into six 6x3-inch oblong loaves (loaves will appear bumpy rather than smooth). Place in a shallow baking pan.* Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center of loaves reads 160 degrees F.
- Spread split rolls with Garlic Butter. Bake about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Top each toasted roll half with warm pasta sauce and a mini loaf. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan cheese, remaining Toasted Bread Crumbs, and snipped fresh parsley.
From the Test Kitchen
If necessary, place loaves in two shallow baking pans and rotate pans on oven racks halfway through baking time.
- In a small skillet cook garlic and dried basil in butter until garlic is tender.
Toasted Bread Crumbs
- Tear individual-size ciabatta roll or hoagie roll in pieces and add to food processor or blender. Process or blend until coarse crumbs form.
- In 8-inch skillet, toast bread crumbs in melted butter over medium heat until lightly browned. Remove 2/3 cup to add to the meat loaf mix. Use remaining crumbs for topping the meat loaves.
Nutrition Facts (Pasta and Meatballs Meat Loaf)
- Per serving:
- 705 kcal cal.,
- 40 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 15 g monounsatured fat),
- 180 mg chol.,
- 986 mg sodium,
- 53 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 33 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet