- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 2 1/2 - 3 pound corned beef brisket
- 1 7 ounce package mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon mild-flavored molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. If a seasoning packet is present, discard it. Place meat in the cooker.
2. Cut any large pieces of mixed dried fruit into quarters. Sprinkle mixed dried fruit, dried cranberries, and tapioca over meat in cooker. In a small bowl, combine orange juice, the water, molasses, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour over mixture in cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
4. Remove meat from cooker. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Arrange meat slices on a serving platter. Spoon fruit mixture over meat. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 617,
- Fat, total (g) 36,
- chol. (mg) 185,
- sat. fat (g) 12,
- carb. (g) 38,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 35,
- sodium (mg) 2151,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet