Orange-Spiced Corned Beef with Dried Fruit
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. If a seasoning packet is present, discard it. Place meat in the cooker.
- Cut any large pieces of mixed dried fruit into quarters. Sprinkle mixed dried fruit, dried cranberries, and tapioca over meat in cooker. In a small bowl, combine orange juice, the water, molasses, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Arrange meat slices on a serving platter. Spoon fruit mixture over meat. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Orange-Spiced Corned Beef with Dried Fruit)
- Per serving:
- 617 kcal cal.,
- 36 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 185 mg chol.,
- 2151 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet