Mustard-Crusted Steaks with Herb Butter
12 ounces boneless beef sirloin steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
Salt and ground black pepper
cup butter (half a stick)
tablespoons coarse-grain mustard
tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary
- Preheat broiler. Cut each steak in half. Lightly sprinkle both sides of steaks with salt and pepper.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Add steaks; brown on both sides, cooking until steaks are near desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer steaks to a broiler pan; spread tops of steaks with mustard.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until steaks have reached desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, for herb butter, add remaining butter to skillet; cook over medium heat until butter begins to bubble and turn golden. Add half of the herbs; remove from heat.
- Transfer steaks to plates; pour herb butter over steaks. Sprinkle with remaining herbs.
Nutrition Facts(Mustard-Crusted Steaks with Herb Butter)
- Per serving:
- 452 kcal cal.,
- 33 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 110 mg chol.,
- 496 mg sodium,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet