Moroccan Rib Roast
- In a small bowl stir together coriander seeds, lemon peel, olive oil, cumin, red pepper, and salt. Rub surface of meat thoroughly with coriander mixture.
- Cut 1/2-inch-wide slits randomly into top and sides of meat. Insert garlic slivers deep into slits. If desired, cover and chill meat for up to 24 hours.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling. Test for medium heat above the drip pan. Place meat on the lightly oiled grill rack over the drip pan.
- Cover and grill for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat registers 155 degree F for medium doneness. Add assorted cut-up vegetables to grill during the last 45 minutes of grilling, removing and setting them aside as they become tender. Carve meat and serve with the grilled vegetables. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
You may prepare this recipe using leg of lamb instead of a beef rib roast as part of a more authentic Moroccan feast. For a 3- to 4-pound leg of lamb, grill for 2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer registers 155 degree F for medium doneness.
Nutrition Facts(Moroccan Rib Roast)
- Per serving:
- 228 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 68 mg chol.,
- 196 mg sodium,
- 2 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 0 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet