Mediterranean Beef Ragout
- In a large skillet brown meat, half at a time, in hot oil. Drain off fat. Transfer meat to a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Add onions and carrots. In a bowl stir together the undrained tomatoes, broth, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in zucchini and green beans. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more. If desired, serve over hot couscous. Top each serving with Gremolata. Makes 6 servings.
- Stir together parsley, lemon peel, and garlic.
Nutrition Facts (Mediterranean Beef Ragout)
- Per serving:
- 221 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 67 mg chol.,
- 369 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Alisa Shomaker 1507 Days Ago
Followed recipe exactly and I found this to be very flavorful, as did my family. They all said it was worth making again. Leftovers reheated well. I used tabouli wheat salad and left the tomatoes out for the couscous.