Meatballs with Chutney
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Mix to combine. Shape meat mixture into a 8x4-inch rectangle on waxed paper. Cut into 1-inch squares. Roll each portion into a ball and place in prepared pan.
- Broil meatballs 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature of meatballs reaches 160 degrees F.
- Gently toss meatballs with chutney. Serve with crusty bread slices. Sprinkle with blue cheese and parsley. Makes 4 servings.
- In large nonstick skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions and kosher salt. Cook over medium to medium-high heat about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, just until golden. Add Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped; balsamic vinegar; and honey to skillet. Cook over medium heat, uncovered, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add water to skillet; simmer, covered 20 minutes or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts (Meatballs with Chutney)
- Per serving:
- 678 kcal cal.,
- 33 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 15 g monounsatured fat),
- 33 mg chol.,
- 1336 mg sodium,
- 66 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 42 g sugar,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Jennifer Brush 568 Days Ago
this recipe is a bit out there, but ended up being really tasty. i also made a batch of penne with zucchini to go with. i used beef, though turkey would have worked well too. the apply chutney really was the star.