- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 cups dried mafalda pasta* (about 4 ounces)
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- Dash ground black pepper
- 1/2 16 ounce package (16) frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine, soup mix, oregano, and pepper. Stir in meatballs. Bring to boiling over medium heat. Stir in cooked pasta.
2. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 1-1/2-quart casserole. Bake, covered, about 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Makes 4 servings.
- If you purchase the longer mafalda pasta, break into 1- to 1-1/2-inch pieces before measuring.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 389,
- Fat, total (g) 16,
- chol. (mg) 45,
- sat. fat (g) 7,
- carb. (g) 39,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 18,
- sodium (mg) 1308,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet