- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, large stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 16 - 18 ounce package frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs, thawed*
- 1/2 small head romaine, cut-up or torn
- 6 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- Salt and ground black pepper
1. In a food processor or blender combine oil, lemon juice, parsley, and garlic; cover and process until finely chopped. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Transfer parsley mixture to a large skillet; add meatballs and heat through, covered, over medium heat, stirring and spooning sauce over meatballs occasionally.
3. Place one ciabatta roll, toasted side up, on each plate. Top with shredded romaine. Remove meatballs from skillet with a slotted spoon; place atop romaine. Drizzle warm parsley mixture over meatballs. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 534,
- Fat, total (g) 31,
- chol. (mg) 49,
- sat. fat (g) 10,
- carb. (g) 43,
- fiber (g) 6,
- pro. (g) 20,
- sodium (mg) 1002,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet