- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 red onion cut into thin wedges (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 12 ounce package frozen cooked Italian meatballs (24)
- 1 24 - 26 ounce jar marinara or pasta sauce (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 slices provolone cheese, quartered (6 ounces)
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 24 cocktail buns, split and toasted, if desired
1. Place onion wedges in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Top with frozen meatballs. In a medium bowl combine marinara sauce, balsamic vinegar, and crushed red pepper. Pour over meatballs.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
3. Gently stir through mixture in cooker. Place a cheese and a tomato slice on the bottom of each cocktail bun. Top each with a meatball;replace bun tops.
- Servings Per Recipe 24,
- cal. (kcal) 217,
- Fat, total (g) 11,
- chol. (mg) 24,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 20,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 10,
- sodium (mg) 516,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet