Marinated Prime Rib
cup dry red wine or beef broth
cup chopped onion
cup lemon juice
tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
teaspoon garlic salt
4 pound beef rib roast
- For marinade, in a small bowl stir together wine or broth, onion, water, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, marjoram, and garlic salt.
- Place meat in a self-sealing plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over meat. Seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain meat, discarding marinade. Place meat, fat side up, in a large roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer into center without touching bones.
- Roast in a 325 degree F oven to desired doneness. [Allow 2 to 2-1/2 hours for rare (140 degrees F) or 2-1/4 to 3-1/4 hours for medium (155 degrees F.] Transfer meat to a cutting board. Cover with foil and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. (The temperature of the meat will rise 5 degrees during standing.) If desired, garnish with additional fresh rosemary.
Nutrition Facts(Marinated Prime Rib)
- Per serving:
- 162 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 53 mg chol.,
- 67 mg sodium,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet