Latino Barbecue Burgers
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, kosher salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until mushrooms are just tender. Add vinegar. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until most of liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
- Shape beef into 8 thin patties 3-1/2 to 4 inches in diameter. Place 1/4 of the mushroom mixture in center of 4 of the patties. Top with remaining patties. Pinch together edges of each double patty, making sure all edges are well-sealed.
- Place burgers on the lightly oiled rack of the grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 12 minutes; turn. Brush burgers with 1/4 cup of the Latino Barbecue Catsup. Grill 12 to 14 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 160 degree F. Toast buns on grill, if desired. To serve, place the burgers on the buns. Pass remaining Latino Barbecue Catsup. Makes 4 burgers.
Latino Barbecue Catsup
- Combine green onions, chipotle peppers, jalapeno pepper, garlic, oregano, and salt in a food processor bowl. Cover; process until combined. Add catsup, red wine vinegar, and olive oil; process until smooth. Makes 1-2/3 cups.
From the Test Kitchen
Test Kitchen Tip:
You can prepare the Latino Barbecue Catsup up to 3 days in advance, then cover and chill it until using.
Nutrition Facts (Latino Barbecue Burgers)
- Per serving:
- 726 kcal cal.,
- 47 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 159 mg chol.,
- 666 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 47 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet