- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup snipped dried oil-pack tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 6 sourdough rolls, split and toasted
- Sliced red onions
- Sliced tomatoes
- 1 recipe Chilled Melon Refresher (optional)
1. Combine beef, 3/4 cup of the Gorgonzola cheese, all but 1 tablespoon of the snipped dried tomatoes, the thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Shape mixture into 6 patties 3/4 inch thick.
2. Place burger patties on the lightly oiled rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 14 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in centers registers 160 degree F, turning burgers once halfway through grilling.
3. Remove burgers from grill. Top with remaining Gorgonzola and snipped dried tomatoes. Serve on toasted sourdough rolls with sliced red onions and tomatoes. Serve with Chilled Melon Refresher, if desired. Makes 6 burgers.
- 1/2 small cantaloupe, cut up
- 1/4 small honeydew melon, cut up
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1. Combine cantaloupe, honeydew and white balsamic vinegar in a large bowl. Toss gently. Cover and chill thoroughly before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 385,
- Fat, total (g) 17,
- chol. (mg) 85,
- sat. fat (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 27,
- pro. (g) 29,
- vit. A (IU) 243,
- vit. C (mg) 6,
- sodium (mg) 723,
- calcium (mg) 111,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet