Horseradish Flank Steak
pound beef flank steak
tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
tablespoons lemon juice
teaspoons reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
cup fat-free dairy sour cream or fat-free mayonnaise or salad dressing
green onion, finely chopped (2 tablespoons)
teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Trim fat from beef. Use a sharp knife to score beef by making shallow diagonal cuts at 1-inch intervals in a diamond pattern. Repeat on other side. Place beef in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons of the Dijon-style mustard, the lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over beef. Close the bag. Marinate beef in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining Dijon-style mustard; the sour cream, mayonnaise, or salad dressing; green onion; and horseradish. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving time.
- Drain the beef, discarding the marinade. Grill on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals to desired doneness, turning once. Allow 12 to 14 minutes for medium.
- To serve, thinly slice beef across the grain. Serve with sour cream mixture. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Horseradish Flank Steak)
- Per serving:
- 208 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 53 mg chol.,
- 398 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet