- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 30 mins 375°F
Guadalupe Beef Pie
cups packaged biscuit mix
cup cold water
pound ground beef
8 ounce carton sour cream
cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
tablespoons chopped onion
medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
medium green sweet pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
Pimiento-stuffed green olives, halved (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside. For crust, in a medium bowl, combine biscuit mix and cold water, stirring with a fork until biscuit mix is moistened and a soft dough has formed. Press mixture onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of the prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered, about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook ground meat over medium heat until brown. Drain off fat. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, cheese, mayonnaise, and onion.
- Sprinkle cooked meat over baked crust. Layer tomatoes over meat and sprinkle with sweet pepper. Spread sour cream mixture over ingredients in dish.
- Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges. If desired, top with olives. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Guadalupe Beef Pie)
- 516 kcal cal.;
- 43 g Fat, total;
- 75 mg chol.;
- 15 g sat. fat;
- 26 g carb.;
- 1 g fiber;
- 17 g pro.;
- 653 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet