- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons soft onion-garlic cream cheese
- 1 - 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped pine nuts or walnuts, toasted
- Thinly sliced fresh basil or chopped parsley
1. In a grill with a cover arrange preheated coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place the steaks on the grill rack directly over the drip pan. Cover and grill steaks to desired doneness, turning once. (Allow 16 to 20 minutes for medium-rare doneness or 20 to 24 minutes for medium doneness.)
2. Meanwhile, for flavored butter, stir together Gorgonzola or blue cheese, cream cheese, butter, and nuts. Shape into 1-inch-diameter log. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill.
3. Season grilled steaks to taste with salt. Slice flavored butter into 8 slices. Place 1 to 2 slices of flavored butter on each steak. Sprinkle with basil or parsley. Makes 4 servings.
- Grill the steaks on the grill rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals to desired doneness, turning once. (Allow 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare doneness or 12 to 15 minutes for medium doneness.)
- Place steaks on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil steaks 3 to 4 inches from heat to desired doneness, turning steaks over once. (Allow 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare doneness or 16 to 20 minutes for medium doneness.)
- If you have any leftover flavored butter, use it as a spread on French bread, on toasted pieces of Italian bread topped with slices of roma tomato, on baked potatoes, or in mashed potatoes.