- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 ounces ground beef, lamb, raw turkey, or raw chicken
- 1 8 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice or cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pita bread round, halved crosswise, or two 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
1. For filling, in a medium saucepan cook beef, lamb, turkey, or chicken until no pink remains. Drain off fat.
2. Stir in undrained tomatoes, allspice or cinnamon, garlic salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often. Uncover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes more or until most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring often.
3. To serve, spoon filling into each pita half or onto each tortilla. Top with yogurt and green onion. If using tortillas, fold in the opposite sides of each tortilla, overlapping slightly. Secure with wooden toothpicks. Serves 2.
- Arrange orange slices on lettuce leaves and sprinkle them with nuts.
- Servings Per Recipe 2,
- cal. (kcal) 337,
- Fat, total (g) 13,
- chol. (mg) 73,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 26,
- pro. (g) 28,
- sodium (mg) 649,
- Potassium (mg) 648,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet